PUBLIC CALLING FOR POSITIONS TO BE FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) #20 DHA for AcqDemo Business and Technical Management Career Path (NH)
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0072
Opening and Closing Dates: August 4, 2022 to August 14, 2022 (11:59 PM CT)
Position title: Program Analyst. Multiple positions may be filled using this public notice
Full power level: NH-04
Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $115,599 – $176,300
This non-supervisory position is subject to a salary checkpoint equal to the GS-14 Level 10 base salary, or if the incumbent’s salary currently exceeds the GS-14 Level 10 level, the incumbent’s salary will be set at a salary checkpoint relative to the existing salary of the incumbent.
Work schedule: full time
Appointment type: Continuous
Start date: On or about September 25, 2022
Laying: Moving expenses (PCS) will not be approved
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% temporary business trips required
Who can apply: US citizens, nationals or persons owing allegiance to the United States.
Requirements for the basic qualification:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that includes developing plans and goals for assigned systems/programs; Guidance and guidance of staff for elements involved in the development and implementation of plans and goals to ensure actions are consistent with PEO/PM and higher level goals; Reviewing policies, guidelines, regulations, orders, etc. received from higher levels, providing personnel and technical guidance for examination.
This definition of specialist experience is typical for work in the next lower agency of the Federal Service (GS-13/NH-03).
Some federal jobs allow you to replace your education with the experience required to qualify. For this position, you must meet the qualification requirements through experience alone – experience is not a substitute for education.
a) Leads a team of program analysts responsible for financial program management for a large systems acquisition program as part of project or product management.
b) Has full responsibility for all cost/schedule/resource management and program reporting for one or more major systems or major technology categories or, in the largest programs, for one or more funding categories.
c) Tasks many participating organizations with entering program information, plans and monitors the work of supporting program and budget staff, and ensures that adequate support for the program is provided and maintained.
d) Develops plans and goals for assigned systems/programs.
e) Provides staff with guidance and direction for elements involved in the development and implementation of plans and goals to ensure actions are consistent with PEO/PM and higher level goals.
f) Identifies areas that require emphasis and exercises leadership to ensure programmed system and subsystem time, cost and performance plans are accurately established and adhered to.
g) Review of policies, guidelines, regulations, orders, etc. received from higher levels.
h) Provides personal and technical guidance
i) Develops, maintains and coordinates a responsive financial management program to ensure availability or resources to meet specified milestones and events for the development and deployment of the system.
j) Translates program estimates into targets and budgets. Tasks of participating and supporting organizations in program and budget planning and reporting of actions through the development and dissemination of requirements, methodologies, justification strategies and reporting cycles.
k) Incorporate plans into the overall program, including timelines for commitment and spending of funds in support of program milestones
Conditions of employment:
1) Must meet eligibility for federal employment
2) Must provide proof of US citizenship
3) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for registration for select services.
4) A 2-year probationary period may be required
5) Salary includes applicable local pay or local market supplement.
6) Direct deposit is required.
7) Must possess or be able to obtain and/or maintain a secret security clearance for the duration of employment.
8) This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
9) This is a position for army acquisition, logistics and technology personnel. Upon approval of DoDI 5000.66 Amendment 3, the selectee must complete the position requirements for certification (advanced) within 48 months of entry into service.
10) The selectee must sign a written agreement to remain in the position for at least three years of federal service. By signing such an agreement, the employee does not lose any employment rights, nor does such an agreement change any other terms of employment.
11) Must obtain Advanced Level III certification in the Acquisition Career Field Business – Financial Management within 48 months of entering the position.
12) This is a critical acquisition position.
13) The selectee must file a financial disclosure statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon entry into the position and annually.
14) This is a Financial Management Level 3 position. Must obtain Level 3 Financial Management Certification (FMC03).
Additional requirement for CAPS:
In addition to the certification standards and CL requirements common to all AWF positions, CAPs have additional requirements that must be met prior to assignment per DODI 5000.66
• Highest certification category in the appropriate functional area, except for program management, which requires a practitioner certification or higher.
• Incumbent must sign a 3-year collective agreement,
• GS-14 or equivalent/O-5 level or higher
• 4 years acquisition experience
How to apply:
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org contain the following:
– CV, which must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current telephone number, job title, employer, duties and achievements; and weekly hours worked and employment data
If you wish to submit a cover letter, please attach this in a separate document as emails will not be forwarded to senior management.
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word format, preferably (not required) saved as “Last Name, First Name – Document Type” ie “Doe, J – Resume”
Application packages will be accepted until August 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM CT.
Please note: Application packages that are received after the application deadline, do not contain a CV or certificates, and CVs that do not contain all the required information or are submitted in an illegible format will not be considered.
PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0072 – Program Analyst NH-0343-04.pdf [PDF – 189.6 KB]